This is a series of 5 Policy Briefs prepared by RUAF member organisation ETC on the basis of the results of the studies implemented by the EU funded PAPUSSA (Production in Aquatic Peri-urban Systems in Southeast Asia) project, a collaborative research project of European organisations and Asian partners in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Phnom Penh in Cambodia, and Bangkok in Thailand coordinated by the Aquaculture Institute of Stirling University.
The following policy briefs were prepared:
1. Why are aquatic production systems important to South-East Asian Cities
2. Integrating aquaculture into urban planning and development
3. Managing health risks to develop wastewater into a valuable resource and asset
4. Improving public health and food safety
5. Production and marketing to improve poverty and hunger