Guideline 3 of the series Monitoring impacts of urban and peri-urban agriculture and forestry on climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The methodology provided in this manual for calculating these indicators is an adaptation of the well-known Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).
The manual will describe:
- How to make a basic inventory for scenario development, including
- Definition of the (peri)-urban area/region
- Food consumption and distribution, current situation
- Food production, current situation and potential
- (Organic) waste management, current situation (optional)
- How to compare (peri-) urban food demand with the (peri)-urban production capacity
- How to design urban/regional food system scenarios
- How to calculate chosen climate change indicators.