Duration 3 years (2014-2017)
Funding European Union ErasmusPlus programme
Project partners: University of Bologna, RUAF Foundation, Horticity, Agreenium, Vegepolys, SWUAS, Hei-tro, STePS, Mammut film and Grow the Planet.
- Mapping of knowledge and entrepreneurial initiatives of urban and peri-urban agriculture in 4 countries (Netherlands, France, Germany and Italy)
- Designing and testing of training modules and educational resources on the key areas for UA identified by partners as relevant for UA entrepreneurship
- Organising a pilot course for blended learning for university staff, students, entrepreneurs and policy makers.
Results expected and completed
- A database on innovative UA businesses in Europe is set up and accessible on-line.
- Different training models on UA entrepreneurship will be developed and made available in 4 different European languages
- A training course on UA entrepreneurship will be designed and included in European University and Higher Education Institutes curricula
- The document New Urban Agriculture initiatives towards a mindset change (IO1) shares the results of a comparative analysis of 27 international case studies, the current educational offer on urban agriculture entrepreneurship as well as the results of a survey on training needs of future entrepreneurs in Italy, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Model and Recommendations for a Curriculum in Urban Agriculture Enterpreneurship (IO3)
- Video tutorials on UA enterprises including Rotterzwam (NL), Uit Je Eigen Stad (NL), Le Jardin de l'Avenir (FR) and Eta Beta (IT).
- 26 in-depth case studies of urban agriculture SMEs are online in the Inventory of UA Enterprises
- Educational resources related to urban agriculture entrepreneurship are available online in the Inventory of UA Educational Offer
- Newsletters are uploaded in the news section of the website.
|Final brochure.pdf||1.2 MB|