The Provincial Government of the highly urbanised province of Western Cape in South Africa just released a new Food Security Strategy called Nourish to Flourish.
The Nourish to Flourish programme is built on 6 pillars:
- Food assistance. Our objective is to work towards better access to, and use of, nutritious food for children and vulnerable people by 2019.
- Food awareness and safety. Our objective is to work towards better food awareness, food safety, and healthier behaviour by 2019.
- Food sensitive planning. Our objective is to work towards the strategic integration of the food system into development planning by 2019.
- Food resource management for the future. Our objective is to work towards the integration of climate change responses into all aspects of the food systems by 2030.
- Inclusive food economy. Our objective is to work towards better access to nutritious food, particularly for poor households, through the formal and informal economy.
- Food governance. Our objective is to work towards evidence-based integration of food security implementation and planning.”
Please find more information here: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/food