Entrepreneurship and urban agriculture: What skills to succeed in urban agriculture?
Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 July 2017 at AGROPARISTECH, 19 avenue du Maine, 75015 Paris.
As part of the ERASMUS + European "Urban Green Education for Enterprising Agricultural Innovation" (URBAN GREEN TRAIN) project, the competitiveness cluster Vegepolys and Agreenium with AgroCampusOuest and AgroParisTech organize a two-day event, highlighting the entrepreneurial initiatives illustrating the different types of approaches and economic models of urban agriculture in Europe, as well as the training resources and modules created to foster entrepreneurship in urban agriculture.
MONDAY 10 July
8.00 - 8.30 Welcoming of participants
8.30 - 9.00
Welcome address by G. Trystram, AgroParisTech general director
Welcome address by C. Bernhard, Agreenium director
Introduction to the conference (E. Geoffriau, Agreenium / Agrocampus Ouest, FR)
9.00 - 10.45
Urban Green Train restitution (Moderator : R. Kahane, Agreenium / Cirad, FR)
- Presentation of Urban Green Train Erasmus + project (G. Gianquinto, Univ Bologna, IT)
- Assessment of economic entrepreneurial models (F. Hoekstra, RUAF, NL)
- Entrepreneurial ideas & business plans (Urban Green Train course participants)
10.45 - 11.00 Coffee break
11.00 - 12.00
Urban Green Train restitution (Moderator : C. Aubry, Agreenium / AgroParisTech, FR):
- Assessment of skills and learning needs (B. Poelling, SWUAS university, DE)
- Urban Green Train distance learning course (E. Geoffriau, Agreenium / Agrocampus Ouest, FR)
- Urban Green Train website, resources and tools (F. Magrefi, STePS, IT)
12.00 - 12.30
Urban Green Train perspectives and launch of UrbanAg EU cluster (F. Orsini, Univ Bologna, IT)
12.30 - 14.00 Buffet
14.00 - 15.30
Entrepreneurial initiatives in urban agriculture (Moderator: T. Coisnon, Agreenium/Agrocampus Ouest, FR)
- Innovative initiatives worldwide (H. Renting, RUAF, NL)
- Urban agriculture business innovation accelerators in Europe (J.W. van der Schans, Wageningen Univ, NL)
- Pitches on entrepreneurial pathways (companies representatives : Florentaise, Cycloponics, CERVEG)
15.30 - 16.30
Accompanying urban agriculture entrepreneurship (Moderator : A. Gautier, Vegepolys, FR)
- Local governmental support (J-O Bled, Paris Municipality, FR)
- Organisation and skills needs of urban agriculture entreprises (S.Ronceray, AFAUP, FR)
- Architecture & urbanism importance in urban agriculture projects (Planning & development agency, Paris)
16.30 - 16.45 Coffee Break
16.45 - 18.00
Debate : Future jobs and skills for urban agriculture (Moderator : G. Morel, Astredhor, FR)
18.00 - 18.30
Launch of French Higher education-research annual meeting on urban agriculture & Conclusions day
TUESDAY 11 July
08.30 - 16.30 Visits of urban agriculture companies : Veniverdi, Agricool, Cultures en ville, la recyclerie
16.30 - 17.00 Conference conclusions
This event is aimed at students, academic actors, local authorities and all socio-economic actors in urban agriculture:
- Come to discover entrepreneurial initiatives in urban agriculture and the subjects covered in 5 modules for a European training of 150 hours.
- Students, get inspired by the various job opportunities offered by this field of activities.
- Academic actors, come and meet professionals in your sector and understand the innovation needs of the private sector.
- Private actors (companies, technical institutes, development agencies): come to discuss entrepreneurship, express your prospective vision and your needs and enrich your strategy with a better knowledge of existing skills and training.
- Members of territorial collectivities, come and share your experiences, your needs and your expectations in terms of accompanying your urban agriculture projects.