Can Local Food Production Reduce Food Imports and Transport? The case of lettuce in Rosario, Argentina

Rubén D. Piacentini, Marcelo Vega, Antonio Latucca and Gabriel Desantiago

In: Urban Agriculture Magazine no 29 - City Region Food Systems, p.48-50 (2015)

In its 2013 report The Physical Science Basis, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) notes that the mean global temperature increased by 0.9 °C from the time instruments registered temperature in 1880 to 2012. The report also states that the contribution of anthropogenic (human) to global warming is estimated to be 98 % of the total impact, and the remaining 2 % due to natural causes (a small increase in sun intensity).

AttachmentSize
PDF icon UAM 29 p48-50.pdf201.83 KB